Recap & Presentation Materials from Texas Interoperability Symposium
Austin, TX—September 18, 2023
On September 15, 2023, Texas Interoperability Symposium celebrated removing barriers to trusted clinical information exchange. Hosted by Texas State University’s Health Information Management / Informatics Program, Round Rock Campus, six separate plenary discussions focused on the different facets of health information exchange.
- Texas Interoperability Symposium Welcome & Agenda
- Texas State University Health Informatics & Information Management Welcome & Information
- Didi Davis, Vice President of Sequoia Project, started with an overview of Sequoia Activities including Data Usability Taking Root and TEFCA.
- Scott Stuewe, CEO of DirectTrust, followed with their efforts including the Directory Project and growing usage.
- Lucille Palenapa, Senior Health Informatics Specialist with Texas Department of State Health Services, provided an overview of Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) adoption in Texas including expansion to birth defects.
- Susan Bradshaw, Vice President, Baylor Scott and White, led a discussion with regional public health partners on their eCR journey and data integrity collaboration:
- Dr. Phil Huang, Dallas County Public Health
- Rasneet Kumar, Tarrant County Public Health
- Wesley McNeely, Houston Public Health
- Bill Zielinski, CIO, City of Dallas, led us through their broadband access efforts to better support health equity.
- Nora Cox, CEO of Texas e-Health Alliance, closed with a review of the Texas 2023 Session, including tensions, wins, and how to prepare for next session. As always, Nora delivered the hard facts with humor and left us all with a smile.
Check Out Our Events
Learn about all the events THSA will be attending or hosting!
Ready to talk?
Our team is happy to answer any questions or comments regrading our products & certification. Click on the button below and we’ll get back to you shortly!
MORE INFORMATION ON THSA
View Our Leadership Team
A 12-member Board of Directors appointed by the Governor with advice and consent of the Texas Senate governs the Texas Health Services Authority (the Authority)
Apply for a job!
If you’re interested in a career at the Authority, view our current employment opportunities.
Organization Documents & More
Access our recent request for proposals, policy guidance, organztion information & more documents here.