We take your privacy seriously at the Texas Health Services Authority (THSA), and we want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. This Privacy Notice applies only to the collection and sharing of personal information obtained through the THSA website. This Notice does not apply to other THSA data-handling practices (for more information on other data-handling practices, see the THSA's Open Records Policy and Records Retention Policy). Please also note that your protected health information (PHI) may transmit through HIETexas, the THSA's health information exchange platform.* For more information on HIETexas, go to www.thsa.org/hie.
The THSA website may contain links to sites maintained by third parties (e.g., local health information exchanges, SECURETexas Preferred Vendors, etc.). These third-party sites are not maintained, operated, or controlled by THSA, and thus may operate pursuant to different privacy practices.
Please note that in this privacy notice, the term “Personal Information” means any information that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. This includes but is not limited to your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, payment card information, and other types of information that may identify you.
What personal information is collected? How is it used?
- We collect information about our users in the multiple ways, such as signing up for our contact form or directly from the end user.
- We will not share your Personal Information, unless we say so in this Privacy Notice, you consent to the sharing of the information, or when required by law.
How is my personal information protected?
- We have implemented appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- While we take commercially reasonable measures to secure your data, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will stop all unauthorized access.
Who can access my personal information?
- We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists, customer names or email addresses to others, and we will not make your Personal Information available to any unaffiliated parties, except our approved partner organizations and contractors, or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice.
- We will share your information as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How can I correct, amend, or delete my personal information?
- If you need to correct, amend, or delete any of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not want to receive information about the THSA, please update your preferences by contacting us at email@example.com, or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the emails that you receive from the THSA.
A cookie is a text file used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Cookies help us understand which sections of our website are visited the most and for how long. This helps us adapt our website to provide the most relevant information. Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device's help material.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns related to this Privacy Notice or our other data-handling practices, please contact us at 512-329-2730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Notice Changes
THSA may update its Privacy Notice at any time. If our data-handling practices change significantly, we will update this notice. This Privacy Notice was last updated on August 7, 2019.
*for compliance with Section 181.154(a), Texas Health & Safety Code.